Welcome to the Glow!
Welcome to the 8th edition of the Glow E-Zine! You may be reading this for the first time, so I'd like to introduce myself to you. I'm Jennifer, the founder of www.help-my-self-esteem.com. And I'm so glad you're reading this, because every time you do, you get one step closer to being the confident radiant woman you have been created to be!
Here's a quick reminder about what the glow is:
The Glow Ezine features tips, great stories and info on self-esteem. Also included are plenty of free self-esteem affirmations as well as "exclusive" info you won't see anywhere else.
I promise that your e-mail address will never be used for anything other than to send you the The Glow
Well, there are 3 definitions of the word....
1.To shine brightly and steadily
2.To be passionate, radiant or high-spirited:
3.To experience a feeling of well-being or happiness, as from good health or an
These are my goals 3 for you. Get R.E.A.L people glow with a permanent attractive radiance that comes from within, and EVERYONE notices...
I'm here for you! Contact Me with any comments or questions by emailing email@example.com
Don't miss Our Live Event This Wed. February 29th, at 7pm EST
On Wed. February 29th –at 7:00pm, EST, U.S. You're invited to join me and other ladies on “How to Live With Complete Confidence!” –
This is a live event, and you can listen online (for free) or call in and listen by phone.
Listen to your personal invite and get more information here:
Help-My-Self-Esteem Question 1: What Do You Do When You Have No Support?
The next few issues of the Glow are dedicated to answering some of your questions. Here is one I got from a member of the HMSE community.
ANONYMOUS QUESTION – “It’s very hard when nobody supports u, what should you do practically?”
When other people aren’t supporting you that’s tough. Sometimes it’s even worse when those closest to you are tearing you down. What you say to yourself and how you think about yourself during these times becomes even more important. So here are some things you can do practically.
1. Acknowledge that lack of support hurts – write it down, talk about it, pray about it, but whatever you do don’t hold all that hurt inside. It’s like holding onto poison, and overtime keeping things in will make you bitter. Crying or acknowledging pain is not a weakness; those things help us stay strong.
2. Record your own 30-second commercial – If you have a cell phone with a recorder, record a 30- second commercial encouraging yourself to yourself. What are the good qualities you have, what do you want to do, what kind of person are you, and how do you positively impact the world? Say all those things in the recording. And whenever you feel discouraged, or feel like you have no support, just press play and listen to your commercial. If you don’t have a way to record your voice, write down your commercial and read it out loud to yourself from time to time. This may sound silly, but it really works! There are 2 major reasons why.
First, scientific studies show that we believe our own voice more than any other. This means that if 30 people tell you “you’re great!” “you’re beautiful!”, etc. but you mumble to yourself things like “I’m a loser, I can’t do anything right.” You will always believe yourself over all those other people. So hearing your own voice saying something positive is really powerful. I have a commercial that I listen to right before I do anything major, such as speaking to a group of people. It really helps put you in good state of mind and lets you approach each day with more confidence.
Secondly, the recording helps to prevent “Labeling” or “All-or-nothing thinking” which are two really negative ways of looking at the world. When you are struggling with confidence because of low self-esteem, there are two really destructive thought patterns that it is easy to fall into. The first, is labeling behavior – which is when you do something (good or bad) but then allow that event to define everything you are. For instance, a girl might fail a test and because of that say, “I’m a failure.” Or maybe you’ve made a mistake before and said “I’m a screw-up.” – The things we fail or succeed at never have and never will determine who we are. Constantly reaffirming yourself – you keep everything in its proper perspective.
All-or-nothing thinking is an when you have an extreme “either-or mentality.” For example, when something you do that is not perfect – have you ever said to yourself, “I can’t do anything right! ” Well that’s not true. You may have done one thing wrong, but one thing not anything.
A girl struggling with all or nothing think may feel like everyone makes her perfectly happy or else everyone in the world must hate her guts. She is either shown the amount of attention she thinks she deserves, or she doesn’t matter to a single person on the planet. Life is either completely exciting or you feel like its not worth living. And 9 times out of 10, extremes are wrong. Life really exists in the middle. So having your own positive words to fall back on keeps you from swinging in either direction.
3. Set the Example! – One of the most powerful things you can do for your life right now , is choose to make the difficult situations in your life make you better. After all, the only difference between diamonds and dirt is how each responds to heat and pressure. Choose to be a diamond not a victim. “Don't let anyone make fun of you, just because you are young. Set an example for other followers by what you say and do, as well as by your love, faith, and purity”. 1 Timothy 4:12 (Contemporary English Version)
What Are Your Questions?
Do you have a question about confidence or self esteem? – Send them to Jen@Help-My-Self-Esteem.com, I’ll be answering more questions in the upcoming months.
The print version of Get R.E.A.L.! About Low Self-Esteem is Now Available!
Also, my book Get R.E.A.L. About Low Self-Esteem is now available in print! I’m super excited, so for those of you who would like to have a version you can hold in your hands, you can get your own copy for Amazon.com. Check it out here: http://amzn.to/GetRealBook
Click Here to Order your Print Copy
We Are Recruiting! Join the HMSE Team!
We are currently expanding the HMSE in 2012 team and looking for interns! Not only will you get to be a part of a great movement, but you’ll also get some great experience too! If you are girl who wants to help other girls all over the world feel confident and beautiful, I am looking for you!
Here are the positions we have openings for:
Social Media Intern
Bloggers on self-esteem
To get more information and apply, visit
I hope you’ll be joining me on Wednesday February 29th! Here is the link with the info again - http://bit.ly/CompleteConfidence
Till Next Time,
1. You are Loved
2. You Matter
3. You Can Make a Difference
P.S. – On Monday, Feb. 26th, you will be receiving an email from me, asking you to reconfirm you subscription to the Glow E-zine list. I am changing the way the E-zinesent out. Please make sure you confirm so you can continue to receive the Glow E-zine and other special offers and updates!
Let's Keep in Touch!
1. Facebook-Cool Stories, Inspirational Quotes and Videos and New Things All the Time! Don't Miss Out.
CONNECT WITH ME ON FACEBOOK
2. Twitter- Follow @realesteem to build-up your confidence!
CONNECT WITH ME ON TWITTER
3. Youtube- Subscribe The SelfEsteem channel to get even more confidence, good music, and inspiration!
GET SELF-ESTEEM BUILDING VIDEOS FROM ME ON YOUTUBE!
Don't forget to visit
THE HMSE WEBSITE BY CLICKING HERE!
Feel Free to Forward this newsletter to anyone you think it would enjoy it!
If you would no longer like to receive this newsletter, please reply to this email with the word "Unsubscribe." Thank You!